This guide is for Windows XP and Vista only. By removing unwanted old drivers, your windows might be using less system resources.
1. Click Start > Run and type "command" without the quote:
2. Type the following and press Enter :
3. Then type devmgmt.msc to bring out the device manager.
4. Click View > Show hidden devices.
5. Expand on the devices to see the which devices that are active and which are not. The inactive devices appear grayed out.
6. From the list, right click on the inactive device you wish to remove and select Uninstall to remove the driver and you are done!
As usual, click on the image to see them in full size.