Before you start your world trip, you may need to look at Hello Backpacker to help you get a head start of the trip. The site is setup into several categories :
- GET INSPIRED - Contain materials from travel videos, screen saver, travel articles, books and movies.
- PLAN YOUR TRIP - Contain backpacker's toolbox that includes checklists, templates, FAQs and practical advice. Crowd recommendations to see where other people who picked those destinations usually visits. Compare price levels between countries. Informations on power plugs (voltage, frequency, plug type) from around the world.
- ON THE ROAD - Common hand gestures and what it means in those country, usually differs from one another. Create currency card for currency conversions. Emergency card that you can create for yourself.
- BACK HOME - Travel map to mark countries that you have visited and want to go. Profilling your travel preferences and be able to find out suggestions on where to travel next.
- DISCUSS - Forums to discuss your travel experiences and share with others.
It is quite a complete site for travelling despite of their site name. Organize your trip by going to their site here.
click to enlarge!